At Bracebridge, we welcome resumes from all experienced professionals who believe they can contribute meaningfully to our team.
Additionally, we’re currently looking to fill these roles:
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst to work with our Structured Products group. The primary responsibilities of this position will include working closely with Surveillance Analysts and Data Team to streamline data collection and quality control, maintain proprietary systems, synthesize differences in data sources and cross-check with model output, and build out reporting tools in order to monitor asset performance and provide the senior investment team with detailed analytics. In this role, you will work across many areas of Structured Products, such as US and European RMBS, Consumer ABS, CMBS and CLOs. Interaction with trustees and other data providers will be required, as well as internal departments including both Research and Trading. You will also have the opportunity to work on ad hoc projects within the Structured Products group.
• Maintain surveillance data analytics and work with team to identify enhancements to surveillance logic, database, reports and workflow
• Analyze remits, check payment numbers, update trackers, identify outliers
• Set up new parsing while improving on old scripts
• Process and analyze risk runs
• Monitor and track performance of current and new deals
• Ad hoc projects as needed
• BS/BA degree with strong academic performance, preferably in a quantitative field
• 1-3 years of data entry experience. Prior experience in Structured Products not required
• Strong programming skills. Experience in in C#, VBA and SQL a plus.
• Basic knowledge of economics, finance and accounting
• Solution-oriented and intellectually curious
• Complete daily position reconciliation between front office and accounting system
• Book, instruct, confirm, and settle all trades – including continually monitoring for potential updates post settlement
• Liaise with traders, analysts, and counterparties to resolve all trade breaks/issues
• Manage wire settlements for all derivative trades
• Manage FX settlements
• Compile and send out daily cash projections
• Liaise with all areas of the firm to ensure accuracy and integrity of the accounting system
• BA degree in Economics, Finance or related field preferred, but not required
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in Fixed Income preferred
• Knowledge of Bloomberg
• Knowledge of Markitwire/DTCC and/or swap settlements would be a plus
• Ability to work well under pressure and within a deadline driven environment
• Must be diligent, detail oriented, and have the ability to prioritize
Bracebridge’s collaborative investment team will provide an excellent opportunity for you to
participate in challenging projects and expand your knowledge of financial markets. Summer Analysts
will work directly on the trading floor alongside Analysts and Portfolio Managers and gain valuable
exposure to various investment product areas such as Emerging Markets, Corporate Credit, Rates, and
Past Summer Analysts have:
• Analyzed drivers of performance of fixed income securities and constructed model cash flows for
valuation under various scenarios
• Investigated structural features of asset-backed securities to determine relative value
• Developed programmatic tools in order to facilitate trading
• Analyzed loan level data to forecast mortgage prepayments
• Used statistical analysis to build a “prediction of default” model for loans
• Engaged in a CMBS data analysis project involving a large proprietary SQL database to look for
indicators of default on commercial real estate properties
• Attended a series of presentations given by senior members of the firm to broaden knowledge of
all facets of our hedge fund business
Required Skills and Credentials:
• Rising seniors with top academic credentials who are pursuing a
BS/BA in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or another related field
• Strong math, analytical and programming skills
• Keen insight with an interest in pursuing a career in finance upon graduation
• An eagerness to learn about international capital markets, trading strategies, and risk
Cover letter and unofficial transcript are required. Winternship opportunity for sophomores will be posted in the fall.Apply Here
The Investment Operations Specialist position resides within our operations group. This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people while learning about the operational aspects of hedge funds.
• Run proper accounting system reports after prices have been uploaded and prepare collateral report.
• Review collateral report and issue claim(s) to counterparties if needed as well as review counterparty claims.
• Prepare formal reconciliation comparing market value of underlying derivatives from accounting system to counterparty values.
• Post entries to the accounting system, confirm all payments via e-mail or phone with brokers, and set-up instructions for wire receipts and wire payments.
• Confirm all daily derivative cash flow movements, ensure cash is settled on behalf of the funds, and post income payments and receipts to the accounting system.
• Review and post credit interest to accounting system for interest earned on collateral.
• Ensure cash discrepancies related to the collateral process are resolved in a timely manner.
• Provide front office with information needed on an ad hoc basis and notify front office of large valuation variances.
• BA degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a related field.
• 2 years of relevant work experience with derivative product knowledge is preferred.
• Strong communication skills are essential.
• Capable of building and maintaining relationships with counterparties.
• Possess intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn.
• Ability to work well under pressure and within a deadline driven environment.
• Must be diligent, detail oriented, and have the ability to prioritize.
We are currently seeking an experienced Credit Research Analyst focused on the High Yield and Stressed/Distressed Credit space. The primary responsibilities of this position will include working closely with Portfolio Managers to evaluate investment decisions, monitor asset performance and provide the senior investment team with detailed analytics, modeling, and fundamental analysis of credits.
• Analyze investment opportunities across the capital structure
• Perform fundamental and relative value analysis
• Generate investment ideas and opportunities across the capital structure
• Work closely with research team members and portfolio managers
• Research and analyze industry trends, issuer credit worthiness, and financial market data
• Minimum of 5-10 years of credit analysis experience with a preference for expertise in high yield and stressed credit
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
• Buy side experience preferred
• CFA preferred
• Solution-oriented and intellectually curious
Bracebridge Capital is seeking an experienced Portfolio Manager that will lead the Developed Markets Rates Desk.
• Identify relative value opportunities in the US Dollar, Euro, GBP and Yen rates space
• Determine best expression of these trade ideas, whether via cash instruments, swaps, or other derivatives
• Communicate portfolio positions and exposures with respect to quantitative and macroeconomic factors to senior partners and other members of the investment team
• Collaborate with a team of investment and quantitative analysts on continued development of tools used for instrument pricing, trade idea generation and risk management
• Extensive investment experience with interest rate products as part of a team or independently
• Proven track record of identifying relative value opportunities in the developed markets rates space
• Disciplined approach to managing portfolio risk profile, adjusting hedges and position sizing
• Buy-side experience a plus
• Ability to operate within an absolute return framework
• Working knowledge of advanced interest rate models such as SABR, LMM and Stochastic Vol/LMM
• Well organized, strong work ethic and attention to detail